Information we may collect and how we use it
- NASUWT collects the following information about you when you use this Service or Website:
- Information that you provide. We collect personal information (for example your name, email address and date of birth) when you register with the Service. You may also choose to submit other personal information when you use the Service.
- Information collected by us as you use the Service or Website. NASUWT also collects and stores information transmitted by your computer when you use the Service or Website. This includes your IP address, browser data and information we receive from cookies (please see section 4 below).
- We may use this information in the following ways (together the “Purposes”):
- to process your application to be a registered user;
- to identify you and authenticate your use when you visit the Website or use the Service;
- to provide our service(s) to you as a user of the Service or Website, including enhancing your user experience;
- to provide you with information about any special offers or features of the Service or Website which you have requested from us or which we think may be of interest to you and for related marketing purposes, unless you have withheld your consent for us to do so by notifying us by post or email at firstname.lastname@example.org that you no longer wish to receive such messages;
- for marketing third party products and services to you, unless you have withheld your consent for us to do so by notifying us by post or email at email@example.com that you no longer wish to receive such messages;
- to ensure that content from the Service or Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of the Service or Website when available and you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to the Service and/or the Website; and
- to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Service or Website
- We monitor customer traffic on an aggregate basis in order to help us develop and improve the Website and Service for the benefit of our users. In order to enhance your use of the Website you will be given a session ID which will only last for the duration of that visit to the Website. Each time you visit the Website you will have a different session ID.
- The personal information that we collect when you register with the Service will not be displayed on the Website or Service or shared with any other registered user (unless you choose to do so).
- By using the Service or Website and submitting information, you consent to:
- the collection and use of your personal information by us as described in section 1 above;
- the sharing of your data with third parties strictly in accordance with section 3 below; and
- in the unlikely event that we should need to do so, the transfer of your personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area.
Information disclosure to third parties
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances only:
- for marketing purposes approved by NASUWT. You have the right at any time to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes and can exercise this right to prevent such processing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- to service providers who manage aspects of our operations (for example third parties who provide technical services to the Service or Website) in connection with the Purposes;
- if NASUWT or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about users of the Website will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of NASUWT, its members or Website users (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
- We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a “cookie” file. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that.
ii) with Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites that enable the sharing of content. This requires the use of scripts from third party sites.
iv) with Google Adwords in order to track which users have clicked on an advert and joined NASUWT as a member through the online joining process.
- We do not disclose identifiable information about individuals to our advertisers or sponsors but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example we may inform them that 350 women aged under 30 have clicked on their link or advertisement in the Website). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (e.g. women between 20-35 living in Manchester). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' and sponsors’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- You have a right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by emailing us at email@example.com
- All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or other data which enables you to access certain parts of the Website or Service, you are responsible for keeping this password and any other identifier confidential and we strongly recommend that you do not share your password or other identifier with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access. Agents or contractors who in the course of providing services to NASUWT have access to information which you give to us are required to keep that information secure and confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services which they are performing for NASUWT.
You have a right to access information held about you and you can do this by letter to NASUWT Headquarters or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should specify that you are exercising the right of subject access under the Data Protection Act and you will be required to pay a standard fee of £10. We have forty days from receipt of payment to release all relevant information to the data subject. You can also request us to correct any factual inaccuracies in that information or delete any of that information from our records.